Here is an interview with Erik from Månegarm
1) Tell us who plays what in the band?
Erik – Bass & vocals, Jonas – Guitar, Markus – Guitar, Jakob – Drums
2) What is the music scene like in Sweeden? Especially as round the world the money is slowly being removed from the rock/metal industry?
For our type of music and for a band of our size it ain’t much of a scene actually. There are not that many smaller gigs nowadays; there are just the bigger festivals left to play if you want to perform for the Swedish audience.
3) Your new album how has that gone down with the critics?
I have only read three reviews and they have been great; 9,5/10, 8/10 and 4/5. Hope it continues that way ;)
4) Which song of the new album do you think is your personal favourite?
I like ‘em all but Sons of War is a favourite and really fun to play live too. Tor hjälpe is another great piece of work.
5) If you had to explain the Manegarm live experience in 3 words how would you explain it?
Melodic, harsh and diverse
6) Who are your influences? Bands you admire?
Motörhead, Running Wild, Deep Purple just to name a few…I heard a fantastic rock band just the other day; Temperance Movement. I think they’re from UK…Anyway; they haven’t influenced me yet since I just discovered them but they are just amazing!! The singer is one of the best I’ve ever heard; like a perfect blend of Bon Scott and Chris Cornell
7) Who was your first gig you went to see?
I think it was Motörhead on their Sacrifice tour somewhere around -94/-95. Cathedral was the opener…A great moment!!
8) What was the first album you bought?
Motörhead – March or Die…or maybe the album 1916, don’t really remember. It was Motörhead anyway ;)
9) If you could collaborate with any artist/ producer who would it be?
Who do you think? ;) Lemmy is the only answer!!!
10) What do you prefer Tattoo or Piercings?
I play rock n’ roll so tattoos of course!!
11) What has the rest of the year got planned for Manegarm?
We will play Hörnerfest in Germany 29th of June and then we’ll play Rockstad:Falun (Sabaton Open Air) 17th of August. We’ll have to see what happens after that.
12) Which song epitomises Manegarm (which song stands out as a definitive Manegarm)
I’ll have to say Hemfärd from the Vredens Tid album. It has sort of become the “Månegarm anthem”.
13) Out of any festival in the world, which festival would you prefer to play and why?
There are so many great festivals out there…Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium would be cool and Metal Days (Tolmin, Slovenia) seems like a really nice festival. One festival I REALLY would like to play is Sweden’s finest; Sweden Rock Festival. We have never played there but it sure would be great!!
14) How do you feel about being labelled under a specific genre? We at Eyes From The Mosh Pit say ‘If its good music, its good music irrespective off the label’ would you guys agree with that statement?
That’s one of the best statements I’ve ever heard!! We don’t care about labels either, people can call our music whatever they want as long as they like it!!
15) Have you guys ever played the UK? Any plans to?
No we have never played in the UK. We have no plans for that right now (meaning no organizer in the UK has contacted us…) but it would be great to do that someday!!
Thanks & Rock n’ Roll // Erik – Månegarm