Interview with Oliver from Lacrimas Profundere
1) Tell us who plays what in the band?
Rob: Vox, Dominik: Drums, Tony: Guitar, me: Guitar
2) Your new album how has that gone down with the critics?
It's been great! We haven't gotten a single bad review yet. Most of them have been stellar and a few have been good at worst. No one has really beaten it up too badly yet. Hey, I wrote a lot of songs, we must have had 30 or 40 songs demoed and together with Hiili Hiilesmaa (HIM, Sentenced, Apocalptica) we choose the tracks we thought we wanted to play on stage for the rest of our lives. We follow a credo: you have to satisfy yourself before you can satisfy other people.
3) Which song of the new album do you think is your personal favourite?
You know this 'Kid answer thing'? Like if I would have 15 kids, I would not have one favorite one? We only try and let the songs become who they are, like school children, you try and give them good guidance, but they're going to end up doing what they want to do. The only track I have to mention is 'Head held high' cause I did it together with Ricky Warwick of 'The Almighty' and singer for 'Thin Lizzy' and now 'Black Star Riders', this is the track that means a lot to me, cause Ricky is one of my Idols!
4) If you had to explain the Lacrimas Profundere live experience in 3 words how would you explain it?
'Dark', 'heavy' and we choose 'loud' as the third one!
5) Who are your influences? Bands you admire?
Skid Row, WASP, Iron Maiden, I adore all these 80th Metal Stuff!
6) Who was your first gig you went to see?
Manowar: Kings of Metal Tour, I never forget that my Dad brought us to Munich with my best friends, we were about 16 years old and completely drunk!
7) What was the first album you bought?
Oh, a hard question, think Bon Jovi 'Slippery when wet'!
8) If you could collaborate with any artist/ producer who would it be?
Rick Rubin, cause we wanna know if it's the truth what Corey Taylor said about their collaboration! Artist: Steve Harris
9) What do you prefer Tattoo or Piercings?
10) What has the rest of the year got planned for Lacrimas Profundere?
We just came back from London, this was the last gig of our Release Tour! In July we went to Finland for the first time, in August and September some Festivals and in Autumn the next tour! We hope 2013 gets anything but not boring!
11) Which song epitomises Lacrimas Profundere (which song stands out as a definitive Lacrimas Profundere)
It is and will always be AVE END! Everyone that is in this kind of music, knows this song, its our 'Paradise City' or 'Youth gone wild'!
12) Out of any festival in the world, which festival would you prefer to play and why?
I don't care, the only thing that keeps me going is the music and the chance to rock a live stage, we love to play every single Festival no matter how big or where it is! It's just about the energy of rock and roll and that's why we do what we do! Shit, I sound like Joey deMaio!
13) How do you feel about being labelled under a specific genre?
We at Eyes From The Mosh Pit say 'If its good music, its good music irrespective off the label' would you guys agree with that statement? YEAH, we agree with that for sure!!! Songwriting's a weird game, if you wanted to create something special that lasts for eternity you have to throw yourself into the unknown and see what happens, I think this is what rocknroll means, to lose yourself in music not think about the music! Or in another words: Making an album is very similar to people talking about woodstock''If you remember it, you weren't there.' It's the idea that show you the way, not the genre!
14) Have you guys ever played the UK? Any plans to?
Yeah three weeks ago in London! I think it was 2008 as support of Apocalyptica in Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, London, back in 2010 as support of The 69 Eyes in Glasgow, Nottingham and many more and three times as headliner in the Underworld London! Very cool club by the way! We really hope to come back asap, we love our fans in UK, the landscapes the ferry from Calais to Dover, the whole country, everything!
Cheers guys, thanx for the interview, best, Oliver Nikolas Schmid LACRIMAS PROFUNDERE